Even as the economy appears to be stabilizing, there are still plenty of reasons for investors to worry: uncertain markets, continuing bank failures, a changing regulatory environment, persistently high unemployment rates and home foreclosures, and more. I spoke about this in a video earlier this year.
The three key points for people of means to know at a time that provides so many opportunities to worry:
- Don’t make any decisions based on short-term market moves or dramatic news reports
- Find a financial advisor you trust
- Keep your eye on your long-term goals
All easier said than done. Our Wealth Clarity System is designed to help create and sustain a long-term financial strategy based on your specific circumstances and goals. Our clients have found it’s particularly useful to have a plan like this in place during uncertain times.
If you’d like to assess your current state of clarity into your financial matters, you may want to download this 10-item checklist. (It’s a one-page document for you to print out and use, not something that asks you to input any information online.)
And for additional thoughts on how how to manage in difficult times, you may want to read my post from earlier in the year, “Three Success Strategies for Scary Times.”
- Happiness With or Without Faith
- Tom Hanks and Wilson; Curing Loneliness at the Top
- Time for Wealth Management Fees to Change?
- Spoiled Children or Good Intentions Gone Awry?
- How to Buy Long-Term Happiness